Rebecca Harley


We've been really busy here at life.still putting the finishing touches to the work you will see at our exhibition and collaborating with a whole range of exciting new photographers for the open slideshow event. In keeping with the introductions of the exhibiting photographers we present number four of five Rebecca Harley.

Rebecca's work combines formal portraiture with personal stories, often exploring identities and how they relate to the world around us.

A graduate in Fine Art in Context from University of the West of England, Rebecca went on to photograph for a local newspaper in Bristol before joining the national news agency South West News Service. Rebecca completed her MA Documentary and Photojournalism at the London College of Communication in 2009.

I dreamt last night I was writing down my dreams and I kept writing
and writing and then I woke up. I wanted to write down my dreams when
I woke up but I didn't, it was a really weird cycle.


When I close my eyes explores the hopes and desires of people moving through the city. Lost in our own environment and the pressures of the everyday, we are often rushing from a to b without much time to reflect.

What happens when we take a moment to close our eyes, shut out the world and think about our dreams?

Through these short encounters I caught a glimpse into thoughts we all share.

No comments: