Centrespace...Second Look



There is a large variety of shows happening as part of the Bristol Festival of Photography and as a result it's hard to know what to go and see. Having exhibited in the space before I thought I would check out the offerings of Second Look Shoots It at the Centrespace gallery in the centre of town.


It's a great space and really suits showing photographs, light and airy and none of the damp that seems to frequent a lot of the spaces I have visited. Second Look is a photographic association set up by six local photographers and this exhibition was showing work from more than twenty.



I enjoyed Step into a world by Sarah Macfarlane (above) and found myself really wanting to know the story behind The things we left behind by Jamie Darling (below). This was a recurring theme in this and many of the other exhibits I have seen in the last week. Pictures on the wall...check. Price....Check....

....and that seems to be about it. I know some of these works won;t be a body of work but it is nice to read something about the photographer, the work, the ideas....just something. I can go and browse a stock library of nice photos with prices online......



No comments: